Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Paper Mario Kart



      I'll admit this project seemed daunting at first considering it was the final project and it involved hand-drawing three hundred frames one at a time for countless hours. Luckily I had experience with pen tablets and the software necessary to achieve such a feat, and I had even animated before, but never rotoscoping over existing video. I was and still am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the latest and greatest Mario Kart game, Mario Kart 8, on May 30th. Call me obsessed, and I am when it comes to Nintendo, but I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do what we've been encouraged to do all year; choose a topic that we're passionate about. Sure 30 seconds of a random track in an upcoming Mario Kart game might not sound interesting, and it does seem a little boring, but the aesthetic I was able to create on the fly for this is really quite eye-catching, and I'm very pleased with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment